Re: New WN

--Just bought the new WN-- I never had the old one even though I have been an
avid fan since the early 80's.  It just never occured to me to buy it since I
heard most of these songs  on the radio pretty regularly-- and I have only
recently reconciled a punk aesthetic and this period of the Who.
Have to say I greatly enjoy the new WN.
One exception though-- (you knew there was a point to this) the studio
version of My WIfe.  As my own wife said, it sounds like John Entwhistle is
trying to sing like Elton John.  Not as bad as, say,  Postcard, but
definately not as good as any live version of My Wife that I have heard.  And
that weird guitar thing Pete keeps doing? Those blaring horns? Ack!
-scott s.