The NEW "Who's Next"...

Just finished listening to the new "Who's Next"... I think the "producers"
lived a bit too much in fear of "us" being mad at them for making too many
changes. There really weren't any significant changes in the "original" parts
of the album... They remixed "Pure & Easy", "Baby Don't You Do It" (edited
about 3 minutes or so out of it) and "Behind Blue Eyes" from the master tapes
of "Lifehouse To Leeds" and did a very nice job, except I think they buried
the drums too much in the former two. "Naked Eye" and "Water" from the Young
Vic, sound great, although they too have the drums too low in the mix... "Too
Much Of Anything" has been remixed a bit and sounds pretty good. Listening to
this one makes you wonder what they could have done better on the rest of the
original "Who's Next". And lastly (a bit out of order), "I Don't Even Know
Myself" simply sounds a bit cleaned up without too much change if any. Less
distortion and better separation...

For those of us who bought the "gold disc" version, we can put that
permanently on the shelf and now use this one as our "reference" standard...
That is, until the next one comes out...

With the drums turned down, I hope they don't get any "ideas" about doing the
same on "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"...

WF <~