Re: Maximum BBC

>tommy was remastered when it went to 1 cd?  i think quadrophenia was
>remastered for the gold disc version?

arthur:
Yes, TOMMY was remastered. But not as part of this new "remastering" series.
We can only hope that they can do as much with it as they did with Glow Girl.
QUAD was not remastered for the Gold Disk (nor was TOMMY; I have them both).
They did use the Master tapes, and they both sound better...much better, in
the case of TOMMY. I'm going to find it hard to purchase both
_again_...considering that I got the originals and then the Gold Disks. And
how many copies of the LPs over the years...I can no longer recall.
Just for public information: the Gold TOMMY has the British release of
Eyesight To The Blind, which has a different vocal track.
         Cheers                    ML