Re:Who Digest/Leather Chaps

In a message dated 95-11-04 19:48:56 EST, BogleEdwa@urvax.urich.edu (Edward
Bogle) writes:

> I used to play our demo at work very loud because I enjoyed the
>music and I enjoyed the fact that it really irritated the assistant manager
>who was a total asshole, not to mention a raging faggot who (true story)
>would dress in leather chaps and wear some really strange shit.  I'm not
>kidding.  He was rude to the customers and had the largest chip on his
>shoulder I've ever seen.  He always used to play crappy wimpy music.  I
>hated him, and it made my day to blast The Who and watch him cringe as >the
first notes of "My Generation" crashed through the store.  Now I'm in
>college and when some asshole down the hall starts playing his rap or
>hip-hop shit a little too loud I give 'em a a good dose of real music.

Dear Eddie,
Thank you for sharing the heart-warming story (the "true story") of your
hatred for your former assistant manager who liked "wimpy" music and wore
leather.  Imagine the nerve of a record store employee being rude to
customers!  And a raging faggot at that!

Congratulations on your recent discovery of the "Greatest Rock-and-Roll Band
Ever".  Just about the time you were born, the original drummer for The Who,
Keith Moon died.  Being the "Who virgin" that you claim to be, you might not
be aware that Keith was arguably the best drummer ever.  (OK, even a virgin
could know that).  However, I get a strong sense that you are not aware the
Keith Moon often wore WOMEN'S CLOTHING!!!! (Oh, the horror!)  Not only that,
Roger Daltry wears LEATHER CHAPS! (but, he lives on a farm so that's OK.)
 Say, have you ever listened to some of Pete Townshend's lyrics?  Some of
them are written from the perspective of a woman. (Pete, a faggot???  He has
a wife and children!!!  Pete would NEVER EVER -- and if he did, It's all
because of the Drugs!)   Oh, What does it all mean?!?!?!?

I'm not sure what your definition of "total asshole raging faggot" is, but
you might find it interesting (if not shocking) to know that both Pete
Townshend and Keith Moon have had sex with MEN.  (And yet, they were both
married to women and have children -- strange concept, I know, but as your
note mentions "The Who still have one hell of an edge that can almost
frighten
people.")

Maybe it will frighten you that I am a raging faggot (true story) who is also
a raging WHO fan. (Well, maybe I'm not raging, because I don't wear leather
chaps).  I don't mention this because this is a list related to THE WHO.
 Yes, there are Queer Who Fans.  Nobody cares about your record store job or
what your assistant manager wore.  If homosexuality is going to be discussed
on this list, don't you think we ought to limit it to the homosexual behavior
of the members of The Who (or their management)?

-Gordie

P.S.   I'm not suggesting that this board ponder the sexual behavior of any
member of The Who (or any member of this list).  My goal in this post is to
show BogleEdwa@urvax.urich.edu that and others who might need this lesson,
that there are people who in this life (even some of our "heros") might have
different lifestyles than ourselves.  The fact that his manager was a
"leather-chap-wearing-raging-faggot" has nothing to do with the so-called
fact that he was an asshole.  It certainly has no place on this list.

And now, hopefully, back to THE WHO