Re: The Who Digest

On Sat, 4 Nov 1995, Edward Bogle wrote:

> The Who.  I used to play our demo at work very loud because I enjoyed the
> music and I enjoyed the fact that it really irritated the assistant manager
> who was a total asshole, not to mention a raging faggot who (true story)
> would dress in leather chaps and wear some really strange shit.  I'm not
> kidding.

another enlightened member of the anti-gay crowd on the list.  anyone have
any good nigger, spic, kike, or cunt who-related stories to go along with
the faggot innuendo and "not kidding" stories?  isn't pete pretty much a
"raging faggot" right now (and a closet one for years)?  is it so easy to
deny that he said "i'm a woman?"  or that, pardon the stereotype, he's
into broadway musicals?  is this a call for a queer reading of the who,
from "the kids are alright" to "how many friends" to "and i moved" to
"rough boys" to the irony of "english boy?"  go to the mirror boys and
take a good look at the person who's anti-gay on one hand and fanatically,
perhaps erotically, devoted to pete townshend on the other.  the results
might surprise you.
arthur