Re: Maximum BBC

>  Hello there. This is my first post, and like Cober, I'm a young one
>too.  Just picked up a CD today at the local Record Den, it was located
>in the Import Bin.  I've never seen it mentioned on here, but I wondered
>if anyone out there could give me a hand with id-ing it.

Keith:

I have this one, too...great, isn't it? It's (as far as I know) all of the
songs The Who recorded for the BBC Saturday Club show. For the BBC shows,
bands would record their "hits" (or whatever they wanted, apparently) live
(without an audience). There is also an offical Beatles BBC CD of theirs,
and various "imports" of bands like The Yardbirds, The Stones, and so on.
What you have there is a bonified bootleg CD. There is another that used to
be available with fewer songs but the interviews intact, called Saturday
Club. The best reason for seeking that one is that the announcer's voice
over the opening of Summertime Blues is not there. Leaving you a "studio"
version of that song.
The dates the songs were broadcast should be on the inside of the folder.
This is as close as we're likely to get to The Who live in the early years.
 Cheers                             ML