Poll II

Last concert attended:  R.E.M. in Anaheim last Monday.

Last album bought:  a Rhino collection of the late-seventies LA punk scene.
Not too bad, either.

Why the Who is important:  well, they were the ones who did two of my favorite
albums ever (Tommy and Who's Next).  I was always a bit dissapointed by their
later work, Who Are You on; it never seemed to match the intensity of their
early stuff.  While I don't think their early albums are that good my favorite
Who songs are all those early singles, like I Can See for Miles and Happy Jack.
Also because Live at Leeds is a live album that no one has ever been able to
come close to, except possibly the Stones on Get Your Ya-Yas Out, and even that
isn't as good.  No matter where my somewhat eclectic musical tastes lead me, I
find that the Who is always the band I come back to, along with a couple other
greats (Beatles, Stones, Zep, etc.).

T.G.O.