Re: Poll II continued...

At 05:47 PM 11/2/95 EST, Mark Leaman wrote:

>Who Live: October 1975 at Greensboro NC with Peter Tosh opening. Utterly
>unbelievable. The stage was dark, and then a spotlight caught Pete in
>mid-air. As he hit the stage he also hit the first chord of I Can't Explain.

Among all the other exciting things the Who used to do, that was right up there.
The lights would go out, you'd here the sound of thunder as Moon checked out
the drums, the lights would come up and then non-stop excitement for two hours.
I always looked forward to the end of the show. Would Pete smash his guitar
or not?

I always hated it in later years when they would stroll out, check the tuning
on the guitars, etc. just like a regular band.