Who day on KFOG

Rich,

Brazil was great! Thanks for asking. I checked out the software industry--not
the one on the beach...the one with the noughts and ones flying by!

Today one of the Bay Area's premier radio stations featured The Who and
played a lot of Who and Townshend during the day (alas no straight
Entwistle). Maybe they're not quite that sophisticated yet.

Hearing The Who on radio is a unique and wonderful experience. The rarity of
hearing The Who on the radio is itself a pleasant shock. The choice of tracks
is a constant surprise and everything sounds like it did way back when, like
a new issue.

I thought back to my early Who days. Tuning in to Radio Luxembourg, Radio
Caroline (one-nine-nine) and Radio London. One of them could always be
received when the others could not be tuned in. I figured that Auntie had
either jammed them or sent the Royal Marines to board them to try to shut
them down.Well, except for Luxembourg.

They played a live recording of Pete at the station in 1993 doing "don't try
to make me real." I missed taping the bloody thing. Sorry...

Regards, George