Re: who tours

Welcome to the List,

I normally would have to say that the shows I saw in 1989 were not The Who
and that I hope that they stay off the road.  That was until I saw Roger and
John perform at the Who convention in London last month.  May be it was the
fact that the hall they played in had only 500 people but it was the best
performance by any group I had seen quite in a while.  There was a raw energy
that most groups only wish they had.  One of the things I liked best about
this show was that there were no horns, strings or multiple backup singers.
 The only additions to the band were Jodi Linscott, Billy Nichols and a
keyboardist.  If Roger and John would tour with that line-up then it would be
a show worth seeing.  It would have been great if Pete would have been there
but as Roger said "the stage is so small Pete would not have room to swing
his purse."  After seeing this show I still feel that The Who or John & Roger
could put on some memorable shows if they quit playing stadiums, got back to
being a band with a few minor additions like 1979 tour and did not put on a
polished show (ie greatest hits revue).  I don't think it will happen however
with Pete's continued interest in Broadway/West End.

Cheers,
David