Re: Various stuff (long ramble)

English Mike, re:

>BUT...what if Polydor/MCA were pushing this onto the 'unconverted' as the
first Who material they'd heard? (i.e. putting the might of corporate PR
behind - say - 'Who's Missing')?
You'd rather they emphasised SellOut/Tommy/LAL/Next/Quad wouldn't you?

They did do that, it's called "30 years of Maximum R&B". Personally, I would
have rather had 4 CDs of "Who's Missing". I'm less concerned about "What
they're pushing" than having good material (any form) to purchase and like.
If the material is good, people will like it, become fans and buy more. If
the material stinks, that's probably the end... I can speak for the Beatles,
but other than "Who's Last", I don't know of any "Who turnoff"...

WF <~