When You're A Mod, You're A Mod...

In a message dated 95-10-30 12:09:09 EST, Jim Jackson writes:

>Dontcha think it's a teensy bit possible that Pete is gearing up toward
>another "big story" that he wants to put on stage or film a la TOMMY and
>QUADROPHENIA?  Pete wants to be Andrew Lloyd Weber! Just wait, we will see
>QUAD on the stage.  Pete never leaves an idea behind--he's obsessed with
>correcting his (self-perceived) mistakes, like QUAD.  He wants to make it
>better.  Even though we all love it anyway!

Rumors I've heard via the "America On Line Playbill Broadway Tommy" bulletin
board  (A chat board basically dedicated to teenage girls talking about how
when they grow up they want to play Nora Walker on Broadway and how cute
Anthony Barille is {the guy who played Cousin Kevin.} -- They've HEARD of
Pete Townshend, but probably think he's mainly a broadway composer -- WFang,
don't torture yourself by logging on to this board!)

Anyway, back to the 3 rumors:

#1.  Pete is working on a (and I quote) "A West Side Story Version of
Quadrophenia for Broadway."

#2.  Des McAnuff (Director of Broadway Tommy) is working on putting The Iron
Man on stage.

#3.  A "new" movie based on the BROADWAY Tommy.  Apparently, this has already
been cast and is expected to either start production or be realeased in
December of 96.

Sounds like rumor #3 is most likely to be true, followed by #2 and then #1.

Don't kill the messenger.