Re[2]: The Who 1989

          I saw the Who in 89 in Cleveland.  It was great nostalgia.
          I didn't have the chance to see them much before (I passed
          on Cincinnati, 1979 because I was a freshman in high school
          and didn't know what I was missing, and saw 'em in Indy in
          82).  Both shows for me were great fun--in 82 I had a chance
          to finally see the Who (yeah, it was without Moonie, but
          this was the only Who I knew), and the 89 tour was a chance
          to yet again see what was left of the Who in a kind of a
          "Who Review" format.  Was it THE WHO, no, but it was as
          close as one could get.  Should they perform again? That
          depends on what you want out of the show.  Seeing 50 years
          old+ men drag themselves around on tour is probably not
          pretty.  I can die happily knowing I got pretty good shows
          when I did, but I can't believe the band would get better
          with age, so I have no burning desire that they get back out
          on the road for me.  I'm having fun discovering all the
          bootlegs!

          The problems with FACE DANCES and IT'S HARD also make me
          feel like there's no point in them recording as the Who
          again. I doubt that the effort would be all that good.  I
          mean, there's no reason for me to think it would be
          great--the precendent set in 81 and 82 backs me up.  But, if
          they want to surprise me, fine.  Otherwise, I'm still OK
          without a new Who record.

          --Jim