new studio Who?

I keep forgetting to contribute my two cents regarding the question of
whether The Who should do anymore studio work.  I definitely think they
should--I guess I'm an optimist like Roger, who has repeatedly said (though
perhaps not lately) that The Who's best work was still within them.

I agree that if they do go into the studio it shouldn't be intended as a
concept album.  Pete can still write dynamite rock songs (Don't Try To Make
Me Real, I Want That Thing, and several others from Psychoderelict prove
this) and Roger still has a great voice (I was worried that his may have been
weakening with age, but he's proved me wrong this decade on several
occasions).  Nevertheless, I think John should get to contribute about a
third of the material (his contributions were usually quite good from 1978-82
and that's not just my opinion--in fact, critics noted the contrast between
his purer rock songs and whatever the heck Pete was generating).  Maybe they
can do a cover or two--perhaps Eddie Vedder would be willing to write them a
song!  The boys usually use sythesizers well (and once upon a time used them
perfectly), but I'd be inclined to urge them to just stick with a guitar, a
base, and a perhaps a lineup of guest drummers.

Gee, I hope Pete or Roger or John is reading this!!