Re: The Who Digest Vol 2 Num 286

My name is Cathy and I'm a new Who Digest subscriber. The other readers'
polls were interesting to read so I figured I'd add mine.
I was born in 1969 , so I don't remember too much about the early 70's
except for stuff I read in MAD magazine later on.....

First album purchase: The Bay City Rollers...I watched some Saturday
morning show that played music by them and really loved "Rock and Roll
Love Letter" so I searched for it at Korvette's (long gone out of
business, R.I.P)and paid for it with my very own money. I remember liking
Woody Wood because his name sounded like Woody Woodpecker...I was pretty
young, like around 10..

First exposure to the Who: I was young (like 7 or 8 I guess) and always
went to the supermarket with my mom. They had those sticker machines
(that sold those sparkly glitter Rock-n-Roll Stickers alongside the
plastic laminate strips) and they absolutely FASCINATED me.. I just HAD
to have those stickers..and the ones I remember vividly were the WHO and
the DOORS because I thought the names were bizarre and made no sense.

First concert: I was about 7 years old and my parents and their friends
and me and the friends' kids went to Central Park to see Glen Campbell
and somebody else, I think Johnny Cash....All I remember is being
surrounded by a sea of legs and not be able to see anything of the show..

I am a major fan of the WHO, especially the Ken Russell film (that many
people despise)...I saw that movie nad it changed my life, I can't even
explain how or why...sometimes things happen that way..
I called in to the Howard Stern radio show last year and won tickets to
the DALTREY SINGS TOWNSHEND show at Carnegie Hall and freaked out on the
air..I figured it might be my last chance to ever see all 3 of them play
together...
Well, that's all
See ya later alligator