Re: First Who

Mike, re:

>first concert... ...Roger Daltrey's WNEW Christmas Benefit at Madison Square
Garden  in 1985.

That was a great concert, including when the power went out on stage during
"The Pride You Hide". The week before he was at the Capitol Theater
(beautiful downtown Passaic, NJ) and he also played "Parting Would Be
Painless". Some funny comments about the Garden show:

Remember MTV "VJ", JJ Jackson? He was sitting a few rows right behind us and
before the show, decided to get up and sneek up to the first couple of rows.
A cop caught him "out of his seat" and "reprimanded" him. When he returned to
his own seat, we started yelling, "MTV Sucks!" "Martha Quinn's a Pig!!!" and
he started getting really pissed off. However, the same cop was standing in
the isle near him and JJ wasn't about to cause any more trouble... The other
"hightlight" was Yoko Ono. We thought we were going to gag when she came on
stage, to say "Sean and I love everybody..." I yelled out on the top of my
lungs, "SHOW US YOUR TITS YOU PIG!!!" About 25% of the audience (near my
section) turned around and started laughing... Great concert though! Too bad
John Entwistle only played on "Twist And Shout"...

WF <~