Re:Me again...

Sounds fun.

My first album bought was Black Sabbath, Paranoid.  There were several
older kids in my Boy Scout Troop with whom I hung out with who listened
to it religiously.  I've always been into comic books, and I thought it
was cool that they wrote a song called Iron Man.

My first exposure to the Who?  Hmmm...My friend Steven Bell bought me WBN
for my birthday, can't remember which offhand, but it must have been
around 13 or 14.  I played the grooves out of that album.

My first concert was Rush, my friend's dad took us.  I remember they
stook cotton in their ears, and our seats (obstructed view) were
practically on top of a huge speaker.  I couldn't hear for days, as I
refused to block my ears.  BTW Rush kicked, they played songs from
Hemespheres, Farewell to Kings & Permanent Waves; my favorite Rush albums.

Well this post has been a trip down memory lane.  Maybe we should follow
up with a Who are they now, the net result.  You know, What was the last
album you bought, the last concert you have seen, and why the Who
continue to remain an influence on your life.

The last album I purchased was Primus, Sailing the Seas of Cheese.  What
can I say, I still like it heavy.  I was actually looking for Fizzle Fry,
and almost bought a re-issue of John Coltrane's A Love Supreame.

The last Band I saw was a local NY band called Xannex, they're loud and
have some allright material.

I still listen to the Who, why?  Out of all of these bands (with the
exception of maybe Black Sabbath) The Who satisfies all of my musical
needs.  As I grew up with them, the songs have nostalgic meaning; but
this is very minor.  As I evolve as a person, my interpretation of the
songs is modifyed.  It grows with me.  Plus they rock.  There is more, but
I'm at work, and this post is long.

See Ya...

That Abubbica guy                        "Don't count your weasels
abubbica@chihuahua.org                    before they pop...dink!"
                                                         -the Tick