Reader's Poll

Okay listers, here goes:

1st album:  Barrel Full of Monkees --- yes, I was heavily into Davy Jones;

1st Who Exposure:   Seeing the Tommy film in early 1975 (I was 15). I only
went to see the movie because I liked Elton John, didn't know much about The
Who. I came away absolutely besotted with The Who  (and I thought Daltrey was
the most gorgeous man alive);

1st Concert:   The Who, with openers Steve Gibbons Band, March 13, 1976, Dane
County Coliseum, Madison, Wisconsin. I was 16 and I had to BEG my parents to
let me go. In fact, the show sold out in a matter of an hour or so and I
didn't actually have tickets. Being a real virgin in these matters I wrote to
the Dane County Coliseum and asked them if they had any extra tickets; I told
them I would sweep up the Coliseum after the show if they could get me two
tickets (honest to God, I said that). Well, someone at the Coliseum wrote
back to me and said they "found" two tickets for me. To this day, I don't
know who gave up their tickets for me but if I ever find out who it was I
will kiss their feet. Imagine something like that happening today --- that
was 19 years ago and I can remember it like it was yesterday. I am so
grateful I got to see them with Moonie.

And I have been besotted with them ever since!!!

"We'd come to the end of our tether" PT in TKAA film