Scoop

Hey Who fans:

Been a while since I've posted here (end of semester, projects due etc etc)
But I had the pleasure of finding Townshend's "Scoop"
at a record shop here in NYC. On Vinyl. For $3. Mint condition.
Sometimes I do think there is a God! :-)

It's really a great collection of demos. I particularly like
"Melancholia" and "So Sad"---how prophetic of Pete
to note that it would be worth something someday. I wonder
if he was joking to himself for the hell of it.

Could someone post the URL for the Meher Baba home page?

And here's a quote I read in Pete's SPIN interview that I really liked,
so I thought I'd share it:

"As a boy, I was in church every fucking Sunday for eight years
 and it never reached me, never touched me. But rock and roll
 provided an answer. One of the things that convinces me
 that a higher power exists is simply what happens in performances.
 It operates through individuals....When you know God and know you're
 on the right pathway you get a biological fucking signal
that you're on the right path. You don't need to be told by some priest.
 You know what is good and you know what is bad.
 Good is what accelerates you on your spiritual journey
and bad is what holds you back. It's as simple as that."

                                          --Pete Townshend

ltr,
-B
Brendon Macaraeg   I_ID      C O F F E E~A C H I E V E R~    I_ID
bqm1808@is.nyu.edu                               brendon355@aol.com
     http://www.itp.tsoa.nyu.edu/~student/brendonm/bmmhp.html