Covers, etc.

I find that great bands have the unique talent to make the covers as good
as, if not better (as was often the case with the Who) the originals.
Zeppelin did this, as did Black Sabbath (Evil Woman - one of the greats, as
well as Johnny Be Good).  The only reason they butchered Twist and Shout was
at the time ('82) their own sound was a butchered version of an original.
Sorry, Pete, Schecter guitars and Crate speakers?  I don't think so.
And why lose a Hiwatt?  Why ever ever do this? And as for the rest of 'em,
musta had something to do with the matching perms.....

A virtual cover is Zoot Suit.  It was an exact copy, with a few lyrics inter-
changed, of a song by the Champlains, from the late 50's (not so long ago
back then), whose title like everything else in the world I forget.

JW