Re: Are we musical snobs? Shucks yeah!

(Excuse me for a moment; I must adjust my spandex and give my big hair
a refresh with the ol' aquanet.  Oh, yes, where was I?).  I suppose I would
remain forever cynical about the motivations of all those dudes, regardless
of their genuine nature.  Plus, if a band cranks out a great single, I could
not care less whether or not they dropped dead tomorrow.  I got what I wanted.
(Hey I didn't claim to be mature or cultured). I met Steve and Paul from the
Sex Pistols when they were in their next band, the Professionals, and they
were the nicest guys you could ever meet.  My heroes that I fixated on for
8 hours a day for five years were nice humble dudes (if not a bit wild).

If they wanna make money, so be it.  I don't want to have to work 40hrs/wk. for
the next 40 years, but I probably will.  And I like the newer videos. They are
infinitely better produced than stuff even 5 years ago..  A brief view of
B&B points that out.   Hey, the Who were one of the first to have their
tour sponsored by a goddam beer company.  I love their music till I die, but
they are truly no better than the rest for integrity, etc. etc.
, except they stuck around longer than most (Stones, Page/Plant, Clapton,
Greatful Dead, and a few others as exceptions).  Frankly I think part of it was a grudge by Townshend that he felt he did not occupy the upper tier with the
 Beatles, Stones, and Zep.  (Just a theory, and worthy of rebuttal) Result:
Younger fans of the Who got to see them play later in life.  Not half bad...

I don't think he feels that way NOW, tho... He's got his Broadway career in
full swing, now....