Pete and Cornflakes

> Hey Ian! I forgot to ask, tell me about the milk/cornflakes prank!  I haven't
> heard that one.

No problem Denis.  In Dave Marsh's book "Before I Get Old" he talks
about the Who's first and last tour of Australia in 1968.  Touring
with the Small Faces the local authority figures were giving the
bands a hard time with the long hair and all the other stereotypes
people think of rock stars.  Ronnie Lane described the behavior as
the "thick, ignorant, redneck" treatment that was prevelent in the
midwest in the 30's...(Lane probably means the southeast) The hotel staff
where the Who were staying were not courteous at all and refused to
give the band room service because they didn't get up at normal hours.

Pete called for room service at an hour he thought was reasonable
and was laughed at by the front desk.  So Pete goes down to the
local grocery store, buys a gallon of milk and a huge box of cornflakes.
He then proceeds to make cornflakes in his hotel sink.  He took a couple
bites, then let the rest of it sit while he checked out later that
day.  As you can imagine, that stuff can turn into concrete after a
period of time.

After that and a few other incidents, Pete vowed never to return to
Australia again.  He's held it to this day.