various forms of the WHO

  Over the last couple of weeks, people have been commenting on what they
think of post-Keith Moon touring by the WHO or Roger Daltrey, and I though
I'd throw in my two cents.
  I was ten during the "Schlitz and the WHO rock each other" tour, so I
didn't see that one.  But I did see the '89 show in Detroit and to this
day, it was the most intense and fun concert I've ever been to.  AND the
Datlrey Sings Townshend concert comes close.
  So yeah, it sure isn't the same thing as what you get on LAL, but I'd
rather see Daltrey (with or without Entwistle and/or Townshend) belting out
WHO songs with a competent band behind him.
  Assuming Pete is never going to do the WHO thing again, I'd like to see
John and Roger team up for some new material, if John is up to the task of
writing (has he written anything since "Too Late the Hero?").  Roger has
shown time and again that he can't sell records himself (though the last
couple of efforts were pretty good, I think), and John's past writing
speaks for itself.  They wouldn't have to call it the you-know-what, but I
think it would be an interesting project.  Thoughts?

-Shahid Murtuza
 smurtuza@chem.psu.edu
 Analog Kid
"Not only is he a terrible person, he is the most capable
 criminal ever to live.  He was a major in some South American
 army, but he was kicked out for terrifying chickens.  He holds
 the world's boomerang record, and he may be the most advanced
 mathematician alive today.  Wallace Nussbaum is no ordinary
 criminal."