Re[2]: Live Aid "memories"

I wrote:
>> I think I was drunk in Germany... what was the date of the show?

Jake reminded me:
>July 13, 1985.

Actually, I think I went to see John Mayall at a Frankfurt pub that night (which
means I was definitely drunk!).  As I stated, Live Aid wasn't a very big event
for me.  It seemed like a nice idea, but like most nice ideas, it got turned
into the Next Big Marketing Thing.  Sorry to be so cynical, but I saw a tape of
the show:  The Who sounded horrible, and so did Zep.

OK,
KLW