Back to Unplugged again.....

See, the problem is:  Townshend really really shines on the acoustic stuff - he's ALWAYS had a good
handle on it.  Clapton sounded like fu**in' milk toast.  What a pansy.  Look more carefully:  The other dude
did most of the leads on many of the songs on Unplugged.  Yeah, Clapton was unplugged, alright....

Townshend's got some great material in Scoop and Another Scoop.  An acoustic version of Tribute to Barney Kessel
would slaughter.  Show 'im off. He does have a lot of original, fresh, not overplayed material which could be
put into excellent use.  I just don't happen to agree with others as to what it is.  Townshend has the power not
to have to play the same old tired stuff. He dudn't wanna do Who stuff?  Great! Don't do it!  He's got a body
of work outside the who which would be well received.  Frankly, his latest records haven't sold millions, and
it would be a boost to his solo career.  It needs focus from a mass audience point of view.  I really liked
Face the Face, for example... It kinda revived him in my book.  I don't know... I think he has a lot of stuff
and it would do more good than harm to put together a really interesting program....

JW