Re: Live Aid

> To this day it remains the closest I will ever get to seeing them "live"and
> is  one of my most treasured Who memories.

Live Aid was the first time I had ever seen any member of the Who
play live, not on tape...Although I heard and taped the Toronto
concert, and would have gotten it on PayPerView if the el-cheapo
cable company provided it at the time, this was the first time
that I saw them play at the same time I heard them.

Later that year, I saw Daltrey at  Madison Square Garden in NYC
for WNEW-FM's Christmas Concert supporting UARM. Opening band
was Big Country, and Entwistle did a guest appearance at the
end of the Daltrey show. Everyone was hoping that Pete would come
out. But...

I remember Daltrey making a comment at the beginning of his set
like "Some people wouldn't like my playing old hits, but I say
Fuck it" and went into a Who song ( not remembered, maybe Substitute)

I assume he meant Pete.
> PS - re: Squeeze Box -I have a Power Macintosh at work and the chord it plays
> when started up reminds me of
> Squeeze Box every time.  I wonder if there are any Who fans at Apple....

Dennis : When I turn on the PC at home, the sounds that the CPU makes
when warming up sound like "Good Times Bad Times", Zepplin.
I never, in a million years, would think that I would have the oppurtunity
to share that with anyone. Thank you.... ;)