Re: doing unplugged

On Wed, 3 May 1995, Jeff Williams wrote:

>  Still, Slip Kid and Squeeze Box pale to Quad.

I like Slip Kid a lot, but Squeeze Box -- exsqueeze me but if you're
looking for a bad song by Pete, say no more.  Actually, it's not so
much that it's a bad song as that the American public clasped it to
its collective heart and made a hit of it, much to Pete's surprise --
I remember an interview wherein he said, "It's just a ditty..." -- and
my horror, leading to interminable radio play and concert-performance
waste-of-time.  The US record-buying public has shown horrible taste
concerning Who singles; I think it was "I Can See For Miles" that they
received with a collective yawn...arrgh.

Alan

"When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just --
*I* *do* *my* *job*."  -- Pete Townshend