Who By Numbers

Who By Numbers is a brilliant album, and in many ways near the top of my
favorite of Who albums to listen to. I think that the assesment given by
Kevin Winn is on the money. The construction of the songs is very strong,
the images stirred up by Townshends lyrics, Moons drumming and the singing
by both roger and pete was quite impassioned. I remember waiting for what
seemed like forever in high school for that fucking album to come out, and
for awhile I did not think we were gonna see another Who album. Townshen
was wrestling with every demon he had at the time (not that they go away).
How  many Friends, however much I booze. Imagine a man is truely
remarkable. the lyrics are frighteningly real. Personally I felt betrayed
by them when Face Dances came out. Not only is it a horrible recording
technically, but it is so lifeless. I listen to it now and then cause as
far as pop songs go You better You bet is brilliant. I hope this album
won't take up any ones time in remastering. You can't polish a turd.

regards, (and opinions) scott

There once was a note, LISTEN! (PT)