Re: Like, help, or something....

>I'm planning on investing on a few more boots of the 'oo sometime soon;
>could anyone out there give me some reviews/opinions/feelings on the
>following boots:

>        3)  Accept No Substitute
Nice sound quality but the recording is slow.  Stay away from it unless you
can correct it with a four-track or variable speed tape deck.

>        4)  The Punk Meets the Godfather (Quad.+Lifehouse demos)
Buy it.  The Quad demos sound great, the Lifehouse demos are a little
worse.  Find the "Lifehouse Demos" on Yellow Dog for perfect quality, and
the "Lifehouse Demos" on Howdy Records for more material.  So get both,
like I did. :)

>        5)  Lifehouse to Leeds
Again, buy it.  This tape was rescued from the dumpster at Olympic Studios.
Perfect live-in-the-studio Who's Next tracks, plus complete versions of
some Leeds tracks.

>        6)  The Tommy Demos
Guess what?  Buy it.  This is also on Yellow Dog, one of the best boot
companies.

>Besides knowing the quality of these boots, I also need to know if any
>overlap somewhat, so that I could possibly narrow down my selection.

Combining sound quality and material, here would be my priorities:
1. Tommy Demos (Yellow Dog)
2. Lifehouse to Leeds/Lifehouse at Leeds
3. Live in Amsterdam (2CDs, Swingin' Pig)
4. Lifehouse Demos (Howdy Records)
5. Lifehouse Demos (Yellow Dog)
6. Shakin All Over (Fillmore East, '68)
7. Quadrophenia Demos/Punk Meets the Godfather
8. Tales From The Who ('73)

Can't go wrong with any of these.
Joe