Re: Poor Petey

> > I spend 3/4 of my time praising him in his glory, 1/8 of the time honestly questioning some of his
> > moves (even filtering out most of the boo boos we all make) and 1/8 of the time bashing him.  If he
> > ever read this stuff, he could handle it.  It's a rich man's problem, as I am fond of saying.
>

> Im sure Pete could care less what any of us think.  However I think some
> of us are guilty of holding certain people on such a high pedastal
> that anything not perfect is going to be seen as a failure.

  Although I am certainly guilty of putting Townshend on a
  pedestal, I have a difficult time figuring out what he
  has done perfect and what is mediocre. I guess its becuase
  I usually listen to his stuff to figure out the songs and
  the meanings ( like we all do ) and see if I can relate to
  what he is saying.

  I find that his lyrics without the music are pretty damn
  good poems, and alot of the reasons I like Pete is because
  of that.

  But to be strictly honest, I don't like Iron Man that much.
  But I don't think it is a failure.

  Perhaps putting someone on a pedestal is a way to NOT recognize
  what others, and perhaps Pete himself,would call failure.

  Just my 2 bits

> The only person in rock who gave a damn about trying to progress the
> state of its music only to lose some of his fans.  Well I think
> right there we know Pete succeeded.

  Agreed.

    Pete