Re: doing unplugged

I think the oscillations between opinions here seem to be dampening nicely.

I am category 1-2 with a rocket.
There is about a 90 dB/decade slope in my likes after that.  On the Chuck Berry, Daltrey is the latest who
is guilty, but Townshend's been doin' it for awhile - since the mid 70's.  And the quality of the Sea Refuses No
River STILL does not excuse talking about slit skirts - the dirty deed is done. Wasp Man?  That's Moon anyhow...
I LOVE Waspman!!!!!. Good drummers (aside from Moon, none of those you mentioned fall into that category for me)
being, by definition, unkonown to the majority of the populace, haven't been heard by you or by Pete yet.  My
friend Sam Henry of Napalm Beach would play in the Who and would need/elicit/invoke no comparison to Moon, yet
would be strangely enough an excellent fit.  And there are others, oh yes there verily are.  The dude from
SoundGarden (live - his studio stuff is a bit repressed though clever) is a slight hint of what could be....

So I guess it's really limited by ones' imagination as to what one could have. Now doing the big band thing
was a pretty clever move in '89 becuase it reached a wider audience (I guess), and compensated for the fact
that the Who could not longer manage to make the same noise with the four of them.

MTV has lost a lot of their luster, but if I limit myself to Alternative Nation and Beavis and Butthead (all
the spinoff cartoons suck) I like it MUCH better than in '81.  Least I don't have to see those two dude in
the Who which matching blow-dried hairdos.

I agree with the Mick Taylor comment.  Actually, it was Brian Jones for me.  But I saw Mick when he toured a
few years ago and man was he GREAT!!!.  Re. Genesis and Yes they were never in my vocabulary...

Yeah I'm not saying I liked what was going on even before Moon's death.  Maybe he and Townshend could've gone
into rehab and took a few years off to kind of freshen up a bit.  I sensed a bit of drama and urgency in the
'79 tour, but it would've really been better with Moon.  A fitting end would've been Quadrophenia.