Re: Pete's Injury/NPR Interview

I was at that show and remember not realizing at the time what had happened.
Kind of a "now you see him, now you don't." He ran around the stage enough
that night that it just seemed like part of the show. No comment, "ouch," or
anything.

Roger made a brief remark that Pete had hurt his hand and had gone to the
hospital -- instilling panic in those of us who had tickets to the Vancouver
BC show a night or two later. Would he or wouldn't he play?

Pete did play the Vancouver show, with a bandaged palm that didn't seem to
affect his playing too much. Then again, the sound at BC Place was so
terrible we probably wouldn't have been able to tell if he played well or
not.

He talked about his serious bicycle-related injury with Terry Gross in an
interview on Fresh Air (NPR) in '93, and when asked if he missed playing
guitar during the period of recuperation, said that no, he didn't miss it at
all. He said he missed the ability to write much more than the ability to
play. He even went so far as to say it wouldn't have bothered him if he'd
never played again. Do we believe that? Lo and behold though, he was back on
the road for PsychoD...

The NPR interview was great -- if you have a chance to hear it, DO. If you
did catch it, I'd be interested in your comments. I think it was the last
interview I heard with him before the stage Tommy began to completely
dominate his interviews.