Who collection at U Texas

Apologies if you get this twice, but postmaster@cisco.com told me (I
think) "thewho" is an unknown user so I'm not sure whether it got
through the first time.

On Wed, 29 Mar 1995 phar1u@jetson.uh.edu wrote:

> To all those who would like to inquire on the Who/Townshend exhibit at the
> University of Texas at Austin, the following is what I know:

Corrections and addenda follow:

>         A man working in the Center for American History (at UT) had toured
> with the Who as well as many bands back then (ie before the 90's).  He
> being a photographer donated much of his work regarding the Who and
> Townshend to the University of Texas about a year to two years ago.

No one that I know of who works at the CAH ever toured with The Who.
The photographer who donated his photos and memorabilia does not work
there and never did.

>  I beleive that the fella who photographed all of this was a friend
> of Townshend, however I am not sure.

His name is Tom Wright, and he's mentioned in Marsh's _Before I Get
Old_ as being the first friend Pete made at art school in Ealing.  (He
is from America, though.)  His record collection was one of the
sources of Pete's early interest in blues.  He toured with the band on
every American tour, taking photos all along the way.

The collection is still being catalogued; last September they said it
would be at least a year before it would be available to the public.

>  I will also dig through my shit and see if I still have
> the program for this exhibit.  If I do, I will send it out.

?  It was a tri-folded piece of 8.5 x 11 paper.  Do you mean you'll
type in all the text on it to the list?  or send out copies to people
who want one?

Alan
L@L #007388

"When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just --
*I* *do* *my* *job*."  -- Pete Townshend