Re: First.....'The 'oo'

What was your first exposure to the Who?

It's interesting... I fell in love with Tommy (now my least favorite Who
album due to overplaying), and introduced my younger brother, age 12, to it.
He loved it so much that he went out and bought every single Who and Pete
Townshend album in print. I had introduced him to Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, Neil
Young, Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen, but never had HE introduced ME to a
group. I was hesitant to let his newfound love influence me, but I let him
make me a copy of Quadrophenia (Now my favorite album by any band, anytime,
anywhere) and it was one of the few real epiphanies in my life. Listening to
Quad for the first time, (lying on a beach, no less, on the Greek island of
Crete - it gets no better!) was amazing. It struck such a chord with me
personally that by the time 'Love Reign O'er Me' had finished, I was staring
up at the moon and crying. Ever since, I have been a who fanatic - thanks to
my kid brother. Kudos to Pete Townshend - one of the finest psychothereapists
of all time!

What Who song do you identify most with emotionally?
I'm One

What Who song would you like to be played at your funeral?
The Real Me

(Love Reign O'er Me and Imagine A Man were clse seconds and thirds in both
categories!)

Christian
LaL # 000802 (yes - 000802 - yippee!)