The Who/Beatles/etc.

Totally agreed on the Pre-Band on the Run Mcartney, but at the risk of flames
I would say likewise to pre-Who Are You who.  It kind of lost its spark for me.
Sorry, its an IMHO kinda thing... I am a Zep fan, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath,
etc. - Brought up on a heavy diet of Heavy metal starting around 1970 (I was 9)
with my brother and my first several albums (LZ 1,2,3, Black Sabbath I, Master of
Reality, LaL & Tommy, Deep Purple (Shades of) , Imagine, Ram, McCartney's 1st, so
I found no conflict liking all this.  Never did much like Pink Floyd - just a
bit too much of a downer, but that's pretty subjective.... I did actually like
Band On the Run - Most of it.....
When I began to play guitar, Townshend did come to the fore, thus I began to
fill out the Who collection before Tommy.  Then the Mod thing began to resurface
in England in late 78-79, so I began to scrounge for early Who recordings.  The
Virgin pressing of My Generation is an example, and the I'm the Face/Zoot suit
stuff...

jw