Re: The Who and the Beatles

>IMHO the two greatest rock geniuses are Pete Townshend and Paul
>McCartney.  McCartney has this knack for writing songs that are so
>natural.  Just listen to his pre Band on the Run solo albums.  Yes,
>the ones that was panned by critics.  IMHO they are far superior to
>Band On the Run...getting off the subject here.

Ian is right on, here!  "RAM" is an unbelievably great piece of work!

Also, I tend to shy away from comparisons between the
Beatles/Stones/Who/Floyd etc.  I love a lot of different bands for a lot of
different reasons.  I believe that someone can love the Who AND Zep AND the
Beatles without having to say that one is beter than the other.

I consider myself lucky to have been around when some awfully good and
honest and real people have written and performed some of the greatest
music that humans will ever hear.  The Who is a part of that, and so are a
lot of others!

OK,
KLW