Re: What got you hooked ?

Pete asks:
>I thought that it might be interesting to find out
>what event or song or person got you hooked to "The 'Oo".

I was about 14 (in 1975) and heavily into Pink Floyd and Zep when a friend lent
me Quadrophenia.  Side One really knocked me out.  It literally did not leave my
turntable for two months (JUST SIDE ONE!), because I was afraid that the other
three sides couldn't possibly be as good.  I was gladly proven wrong.  I soon
picked up By Numbers, and that was it!  For an adolescent male to hear the words
"how many friends have I really got?" come out of a stereo speaker is just too
much... PT's honesty and frankness in his lyrics and the beautiful layering of
the music at that time were spell-binding to me (still are).

I later filled in my collection with every stich of work I couldfind by any of
the members.  I learned to play guitar and bass about the same time, and modeled
my bass playing after John Entwistle (and Chris Squire of Yes, but that's
another story!).

As I learned more about PT, I investigated his Avatar (I was raised a Catholic -
but I'm feeling much better now...  :)  ), and adopted Baba's teachings into my
own philosophy.

Yeah, I gues you could say that I've been influenced by these guys...

OK,
KLW

PS: I'll be in New Orleans this next week for Microsoft Tech-Ed conference if
anyone on the list is a programming-geek type like me.  Leave a message in the
locator area!!