Re: What got you hooked ?

RE>>What got you hooked ?
I got started during my freshman year at UTEP.  A bunch of us in the dorm had
just been to the campus theater to see Woodstock (my first time).
Afterwards, while we were arguing who was better between Santana and Hendrix,
one guy kept insisting The Who was better.  I said they did OK but Tommy
sucked, as I always associated it with Top 40 playlists.  He played some
Odds/Sods and Who by Numbers cuts later on the that evening and I started
getting interested.  A few years later I got a roommate in the Air Force who
played The Who all the time.  Then I got hooked. (He also played
Starz...can't win 'em all.)  The next year ('81) I saw them for the first
time in Dallas.  All anyone could talk about was if the front band would
follow in Skynrd's footsteps when they fronted for The Who a few years
earlier.  They were boo'd off the stage (and were pissed).  Never heard from
them again and I forgot their name.