Re: rag on Rolling Stone

On Thu, 23 Mar 1995, John Brawley wrote:

> it
> seems that the private sector has hit the band wagon and has developed
> "cool" or "hip" ads to appeal to todays youth.

	Yep.  And me being a part of today's youth, I must say I'm enjoying
every self-indulgent minute of it.  I always go through RS one extra
time just to look at the ads.  I find them to be quite entertaining.
	As for RS not paying enough attention to the older bands, well
maybe some of you have forgotten the half page devoted to the box set
when it came out.  Or maybe you have forgotten the interview with Pete
just a little over a year ago.  Every time I go through RS I see
something relating to the Who.  I admit, there was a catastrophic
understatement made for LaL but I think for the most part RS is giving us
a well balanced representation of the music scene most of the time.

Shanon

(To Rolling Stone:  Please send my new free subscription to Shanon Dell, c/o
RTV Dept., University of Montana, Missoula, MT 59801.)

Shanon Dell                     |
Radio/Television Broadcasting   |  "Deaf, dumb, and blind boy, he's in a
University of Montana           |   quiet vibration land..."
tommy@selway.umt.edu            |                   -- The Who's "Tommy"