Re: Missing Reel/Who's Next Bonus TracksSun Dec 7 12:26:38 PST 1997

If this is true what tapes were used for the boxed set? I thought they were
meant to be the masters.

>On Wed, Mar 22, 1995 4:57:41 AM TheWho Digest wrote:
>
>>The difficult thing about the WHO's Next reissue, according to Phil, is
>that
>>the original master tracks are on two (2) reels, and as of a few weeks
>ago,
>>Jon Astley and Chris Charlesworth only had one of the reels. So one whole
>
>>channel is missing!!!!
>
>Hmmm . . . this doesn't sound quite right.  I always thought the master
>tapes held two tracks.   Perhaps half the songs are missing (or rather, the
>original masters for half the songs), rather than one channel.
>
>As for the list of Who's Next Bonus tracks, that sounds a little skimpy.
>I'm sure there's room for a few more tracks.

Ian Burn
The Library, The University of Reading,                  Tel: +44 01734 318775
Whiteknights, Reading RG6 2AE, England.                  Fax: +44 01734 316636