them silver things called CDs

Just wanted to ring in on this subject:

I spend most of my music listening time using Denon headphones that have a
very wide frequency range. After listening to CDs for about a year and a half
with them, I'd say that CDs, on the highend, just sound more harsh than
vinyl.

But the advantages of CDs happen to cancel out that negative point: small
(well, yeah, the art work suffers of course), no skips with proper care, less
noise if the transfer is done right (I've heard the original Jimi Hendrix CDs
had A LOT of noise, MORE than the original vinyl releases). And they don't
wear out as quickly as vinyl (I think a CD is suppose to last about 30-40
years with proper care).

Still, vinyl just might make a big comeback. Who's to say?
I personally miss the BIG artwork that comes on the sleeves of LPs. But  in
high school during the 80s I found that record companies began skimping on
inserts, lyric sheets etc.
In fact, over Sping Break I boxed up all my old LPs (like the Tack re-release
of "Quadrophenia" with the nice photo essay booklet) and took them back with
me to New York. Now where did I put that Technics turntable?

Just some random observations,
-Brendon