CDs vs. LPs. (who cares?)

I guess I find it kind of a reflection of the times, but we've gotten so caught up in technology (be it
analog or digital ) that we forgot what good music was.  Instead of analyzing the differences in quality of
Live at Leeds LP vs. CD (and I agree about the CD being better, screw anybody who thinks otherwise; they
 ought to have their heads examined, not just their ears).

Try charting the chords and solos Pete pulls off here (Correctly, not ballparking - I can hear that all
day listening to any group play Beatles songs.  They all ballpark.  I've never seen anybody do it correctly,
except one person, but more on that later).

A whole world of guitar playing within one album.  Learn to play the guitar bits on Live at Leeds, and you, my
friends, have learned to play guitar.  Seriously. O.K., skip Live at Leeds - too tough maybe?  Then pick up
My Generation, the album. Again, a masterpiece of guitar playing.  From a 19 year old kid with an 18 year
old drummer, no less.  O.K., too tough still?  Try their collection of unreleased, bootleg, and other
misc. songs that comprise their pre-1st album "non-album" (about 20 songs here...) and you still have a
great body of work that, if you learn to play it or at least understand their chord structures and songwriting
ability, makes for great musical appreciation.  And it's all old, primitive recordings.  So bloody what?

Another case - my friend had some old scratched up American pressings of Beatle albums he put on a
close'n'play and proceeded to play the bass, rhythm, and lead parts absolutely perfectly. period. (O.K., he
did it over a period of years, but still....) THAT is music appreciation, I hazard to guess.

(More ranting, but I deleted it) Jeff W.