Re: hello/re: daltrey on disney

> RE: "And I Moved" ----Yeah, Pete, that IS a wonderful version of the song. I
> too wish that the Disney special included that song in the edited version of
> the show. Simon Phillips' performance in particular is outstanding!!! There
> are, I think, a few reasons for its exclusion from the Disney b-cast:

> 1) Time, format, etc.---For the Disney special, the show positions Roger as
> THE star; consequently, all the non-Roger performances (Alice Cooper, Lou
> Reed, 4 Non-Blondes (thank GOD!!!)) were omitted, save for Pete's "Who Are
> You".

Linda Perry did do "I'm Free" though, and don't forget Sinead with
the Chieftans.   I guess you mean Roger completely off the stage.
I loved the way the Chieftans were used to substitute for the synth on
Baba.  And for reasons unknown to me, for them to include "Dr Jimmy"
on the CD (another Linda Perry desecration) instead of Entwistle's
INCREDIBLE performance on "Behind Blue Eyes" leaves me very angry.
In fact after seeing the Chieftans, I went out and bought two of
their CD's.  Irish jig music isn't bad.

BTW, what songs did Alice Cooper and Lou Reed perform?

> 2) Personal politics---At the time of the Carnegie Hall shows, the word from
> the backstage was that Pete did NOT want to do the show at all. Hence, when
> being told that he was being given two songs to perform, he wanted to do more
> obscure stuff. Pete was going to do "The Shout" (from Another Scoop). How's
> that for obscure? Anyway, Pete apparently changed his mind many times (which
> is his wont), and finally settled on "And I Moved" and "Who Are You". I
> personally think that he wanted to do "The Shout" to piss Roger off because
> he and Richard Flanzer pressured Pete into appearing. Roger still was not
> happy about Pete performing "And I Moved". I see Pete's choice of
> and performance of the song as quite important. It's kind of like a "fuck you"
> not only to Roger, but also to Pete's detractors for the "I am a woman"
> remark. Pete was kind of saying, "Listen, I don't give a fuck what you think
> about me OR my music". In fact, I'd go as far as saying that with Pete's
> performance, he definitely stole the show from Roger. And that was his secret
> intent, I believe.
>
> What do you guys think?

Sounds like Pete, being Pete.  So all that talk prior to Who Are You
was just BS?