Re: hello/re: daltrey on disney

Hello guys!!!!

RE: "And I Moved" ----Yeah, Pete, that IS a wonderful version of the song. I
too wish that the Disney special included that song in the edited version of
the show. Simon Phillips' performance in particular is outstanding!!! There
are, I think, a few reasons for its exclusion from the Disney b-cast:

1) Time, format, etc.---For the Disney special, the show positions Roger as
THE star; consequently, all the non-Roger performances (Alice Cooper, Lou
Reed, 4 Non-Blondes (thank GOD!!!)) were omitted, save for Pete's "Who Are
You".

2) Personal politics---At the time of the Carnegie Hall shows, the word from
the backstage was that Pete did NOT want to do the show at all. Hence, when
being told that he was being given two songs to perform, he wanted to do more
obscure stuff. Pete was going to do "The Shout" (from Another Scoop). How's
that for obscure? Anyway, Pete apparently changed his mind many times (which
is his wont), and finally settled on "And I Moved" and "Who Are You". I
personally think that he wanted to do "The Shout" to piss Roger off because
he and Richard Flanzer pressured Pete into appearing. Roger still was not
happy about Pete performing "And I Moved". I see Pete's choice of
and performance of the song as quite important. It's kind of like a "fuck you"
not only to Roger, but also to Pete's detractors for the "I am a woman"
remark. Pete was kind of saying, "Listen, I don't give a fuck what you think
about me OR my music". In fact, I'd go as far as saying that with Pete's
performance, he definitely stole the show from Roger. And that was his secret
intent, I believe.

What do you guys think?

Marty Secero
LAL #7094