re[belated]:History of RocknRoll

I too have been watching the local broadcast of The History of
Rock and Roll here in Philadelphia. Generally it's been really
good, but I found the repeated footage of the Who's TKAA
performance annoying. Particularly in the segment, Britain Invades..,
which is clearly about the 60's, they had the nerve to show TKAA
shots from the late 70's! Oh well, at least there was some
exciting footage from Monterey Pop, along with Hendrix setting
his guitar on fire, etc.
The two segments on the 50's & roots of rock have interested me
the most, so far. Maybe that's because, as one whose musical memory
began with the Beatles' appearance on the Sullivan show, that
material is least familiar to me. Good footage of Hank Williams
(one of my heroes), Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis.
Of course PT gets lots of interview time. I can't wait to see the
punk segment tonight.

Sherry