Re: covers (fwd)

On Mon, 6 Mar 1995, Gene Kannenberg wrote:

> The Smithereens covered "The Seeker" on the flip of the one of the 45s
> (remember those? ;) ) off of _Green Thoughts_--I think that's the one, yeah.
> Can't recall off-hand *which* single, though.

I was curious about the Smithereens so I went to see them at a July
4th multi-group concert in '93, I think.  I really liked a couple of
their songs, but when they went into "Seeker" as an encore I stood on
the highest thing I could find (a 6"-high piece of PVC pipe) and
screamed throughout the song, surprising most of the sunburned, drunk
crowd around me.  I presume most of them hadn't encountered a true fan
recently :-).

Alan
#009099 (I am not a number! :-)

When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just -- *I*
*do* *my* *job*.  -- Pete Townshend