Re: Tommy in TO

On Thu, 2 Mar 1995, CHRISTOPHER HOMINUK wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Mar 1995 marshall@fletch.roc.servtech.com wrote:
>
> > Ok
> >
> > Opening night has passed,  How was Tommy in Toronto?  I Gotta know.
> >
> > Someone MUST have been there.
> >
> > Please report.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Fletch
> >
> I'm going Friday, so I'll let everyone know.

Well, I went, and it was nothing short of amazing. It was really fast
moving, with superb specail effect.
The singers did a great job, and I felt that some of the songs were way
better then those on the original soundrack. Especially "Sensation," and
"We're Not Gonna Take It."

They did Pinball Wizard three times. The first was an extended version,
with a blind Tommy in an arcade. The second time, was with a cured Tommy
on this hydraulic pinball machine that swung around, and blew up into
flames and  stuffe as the entires theatre became a giant pinball machine.
You actually got the feeling that wou were inside it. This version
started with the "Even on my favourite table...." verse. The third was an
instrumental as people were leaving the theatre.

There is also a new song called "I believe My Own Eyes" sung by Mr. and
Mrs Walker. You can get the PT limited edition version if you by the
Tommy book.

In short, any Tommy, or The Who fan must see  it if they have a chance. I
left with a huge smile, and "Pinball Wizard" embedded into my head for
the night.

	Chris Hominuk