Live at Leeds: Sorry to Rain on Your Parade

Yes, Live at Leeds is a terrifice reissue (especially the limited edition
version).  But perfect?  Not by a long shot.  It should have been a 2CD
set.  Judging from the liner notes, the Who's management seems pretty
determined not to release a complete Tommy set.  A condensed set will
probably appear on the 2CD live retrospective.  What we really need is a
Live at Leeds Vol. 2 with the complete Tommy set.  Unfortunatley, MCA
didn't include a response card with this reissue, so I'll have to write a
letter.

Even as a single disc reissue I have one complaint.  What happened to the
Spoonful section of Shakin All Over?  ICE reported that the missing minute
was going to be restored and the track retitled Shakin All Over/Spoonful.
I have several CDs with running lengths over 78 minutes, so I know it could
have been included.  I've set an e-mail to ICE asking about what happened,
and I encourage other people to do the same.  Their address is
EMAILICE@aol.com.  Yes, I realize I may be nitpicking, but the fact that
MCA came SO CLOSE to getting everything perfect makes this omission all the
more annoying.

By the way, does anybody know what the running time of Magic Bus was on the
original Leeds album?  I wanted to make sure the restored the missing two
and a half minutes.