New Leeds!! Sun Dec 7 12:26:38 PST 1997

I feel like I'm in high school again, skipping class to go buy
the new Live at Leeds. I should have known it was going to be
a special day when I got up and all my roommates were gone.
I stopped at the local camnpus store (student run, low prices,
questionable selection) which had told me last night (2/27)
they weren't getting the new Leeds, just in case.
It turns out they had it. So I run home and pop it in the CD
player (after a brief struggle to open it, compounded by my
excitement) and really crank up the volume, taking advantage
of the empty house.

WOW! wOw!  WOw! I'm transfixed by the music. I can't even read
the booklet because I'm absorbed by the music. So I'm rocking
on, loving every minute of it, every few minutes nudging the
volume up just a little more, when all of the sudden I see
a UPS guy banging on the inner door to our house with a large
box in his arms. I think he was amused. Anyway... I especially
love _A Quick One_ and _Amazing Journey/Sparks (what a tease, though.
How can they give us that and leave the rest of _Tommy_ to our
imaginations? I hope we get it eventually.) and Pete's echo-infused
guitar work on _Shakin' All Over_.

What a great job everyone involved did. MCA really has a lot of
ground to make up for past mistreatment of The Who's catalogue,
but if this first reissue is any indication, we Who fans will
finally get our due.

Happy listening one and all!

__Jon

                 And even students vote for actors
          and tell you it's a safer world. _Joe _Jackson
        Jonathan Proulx  Internet:jlproulx@mailbox.syr.edu