New Who songs CHORDED

	These were done by Jason Paris and were uploaded to OLGA. Enjoy them
and I'd like to see others adding to this. Next: some Quadrophenia
songs chorded by your truly.

Chorded by Jasonp@ozemail.com.au

			Pete Townshend's

		       A LITTLE IS ENOUGH
CAPO: 1st Fret
YOU MAY WISH TO DETUNE THE BOTTOM E STRING DOWN ONE TONE TO 'D'
KEYBOARD INTRO:
D(bass note only, muted with plectrum hand, playing 8th notes) / / / |

/ / / / | G(D)  D   A(D) |  A(D) D    |
G(D)   D   A(D) | / / / / | G(D)  D  A(D)  |  A(D)  D     |
G(D)   D   A(sus4) | / / / / | / / / / ||

BAND IN:
G(D) / D / | A(D) / D / | G(D) / D / | A(D) / D / ||
VERSE I:
They say that love often passes in a second, and
G(D)          D          A(D)        D
You can never catch it up, so I'm
G(D)    D              A(D)
Hanging on to you as though eternity beckoned, but it's
Em7
Clear that the match is rough
Common-sense will tell me not to try and continue, but I'm
A7(sus4)                         A7
After a piece of that diamond in you, So
A7(sus4)              A7
Keep an eye open, My
Bm
Spirit ain't broken, Your
Love's so incredible, Your
Body's so edible, You
A7(sus4)
Give me an overdose of love,
                       A7
But just a little is enough.
                     G(D)    D     A(D)    D      G(D)     D      A(D)
VERSE II:
I'm like a connoseiur of champagne cognac, The
G(D)       D             A(D)      D
Perfume nearly beats the taste
G(D)           D         A(D)
I eat an oyster and I feel the contact, But
Em7
More than one would be a waste
Some people want an endless line, that's true, But
A7(sus4)                    A7
All I have to have's a little time with you, A
A7(sus4)                      A7
Smile sets me reeling, A
Bm
Kiss feels like stealing, Your
Love is like heroin, This
Addict is mellowing,
A7(sus4)
I can't pretend that I'm tough,
                         A7
When just a little is enough.
                      G(D)    D   A(D)    D    G(D)   D   A(D)   D
*** INSTRUMENTAL BREAK:
Dm / / / C(no 3rd) | Dm [etc, repeated ad infinitum]
Just like a sailor heading into the sea, There's a
G(D)        D              A(D)     D
Gale blowing in my face, The
G(D)         D     A(D)
High wind scares me but I need the breeze, And I
Em7
Can't head for any other place
Life would seem so easy on the other tack, But
A7(sus4)                       A7
Even a hurricane won't turn me back, You
A7(sus4)               A7
Might be an island, on the
Bm
Distant horizon, but the
Little I see looks like
Heaven to me, and I don't
A7(sus4)
Care if the ocean gets rough,
                       A7
'Cause just a little is enough.
                         E(no 3rd) / / / | x 4
INSTRUMENTAL BREAK:
[Repeat all chords from "They say that love often passes" . . . "match
is
rough"]
Common-sense will tell me not to try and continue, but I'm
A7(sus4)                         A7
After a piece of that diamond in you, So
A7(sus4)              A7
Keep an eye open, My
Bm
Spirit ain't broken, Your
Love's so incredible, Your
Body's so edible, You
A7(sus4)
Give me an overdose of love,
                       A7
But just a little is enough.
                      E(no 3rd) / / / | [repeat to fade]

*** This INSTRUMENTAL BREAK is dominated by the D MINOR chord
(or Eb minor, if playing a keyboard).  Yet, the guitar is playing only
'power-chords' (ie, no 3rds).  So, the guitar is not responsible for
the
tonal 'colour' here.  Just slide from C to D (power-chords) across the
end/start of each bar.

This same process is happening throughout the 'E(no 3rd)' sections
towards
the end.  If you like, slide from D to E (power-chords) in the same
way.

Jasonp@ozemail.com.au

The Who's
PUT THE MONEY DOWN

INTRO:
E / A / | E / D A | E / A / | E    /  D    A || x2
                    [2nd time: "I got lost in the . . ."]

VERSE I:
[I got lost in the] back-streets
                    E            A
Trying to get here tonight
E             A        E    A
The police were asking questions
E               A      E         A
They took me to the wrong place twice
     E              A           E      A
I even lost my passport
E              A7       D(A)*
And I forgot my name and town
    A7                   E     A     E
But now I'm here by the water
            G    D(F#)  Em     D      C
Put the money down
D                  E     A    E    A    E    A    E
Before I walk on the water
                     F#m G#m A
Put the money down, down, down
              G     D(F#) E
There are bands killing chickens
                        F#m  G#m  A
My heros getting pushed around, 'round, 'round
                         G       D(F#)   E
I don't know if I trust you
                  A7        D(A)*
As you try to shoot me down
A7                       E   A   E
Before I walk on the water
                     F#m G#m A
Put the money down, down, down
              G     D(F#) C(E)
Put the money down.
D                   E / A / | E / D A |
                    E / A / | E / / / ||

BRIDGE:
'Twas a beautiful day in Columbus when the fences fell
        C                                         G
But the five loaves and fishes ain't gonna be much help
        D                                           A
I've got a hungry juggler here who wants to keep ahead
           C                                       G
Before he walks the water, he wants his bread.
  D                                      A
[SOLO:]  E / A / | E / A / | E / A / | E / A / |
         E / A / | E / A / | E / A / | E / / / ||
                              ["Take a glass of that . . ."]
VERSE II:
[Take a glass of that] nice brown ale
                       E          A
And a purple pill
E     A      E    A
If the ale don't get you too
E      A         E       A
Sure as hell the pill will
E       A             E     A
Oh mummy mummy
E         A7    D(A)*
Please may I go down town
A7              E    A    E
He's gonna walk on the water
           G    D(F#)  Em   D   C
Put the money down
D                 E / A / | E / A / | E / A / | E / / / ||
                                           ["Put it down!"]
BREAK:
E / A / | E / D A | E / A / | E / / / ||
                       ["Before I walk on the . . ."]
[Before I walk on the] water
                       F#m G#m A
Put the money down, down, down
              G     D(F#) E
There are bands killing chickens
                        F#m  G#m  A
My heros getting pushed around, 'round, 'round
                         G       D(F#)   E
I don't know if I trust you
                  A7        D(A)*
As you try to shoot me down
A7                         E    A     E
Before I walk on the water
                     F#m G#m A
Put the money down, down, down, down, down
              G     D(F#) Em    D     C
Put the money down
D              E / A / | E / A / | E / A / | E / A / ||

REPEAT UNTIL FADE

* These 'D(A)' chords are best played like an 'appended' A chord.
For instance, first finger barring the B, G & D strings (2nd fret),
with second finger on B string (3rd fret), and 3rd finger on
D string (4th fret).

It's also worth noting with this song that there are a lot of
minor 7ths implied by the piano and guitars.  (For instance,
D notes against E chords; G notes against A chords).  This
is better 'felt' and improvised than written down.

	Jason - just fix the lyrics at the end and send it back. Kenny

THE SEA REFUSES NO RIVER

VERSE I

I remember being richer than a king
Gm                                  F(A)

The minutes of the day were golden
Bb                                  F(A)

I recall that when the joint passed 'round
Gm                                         F(A)

My body felt a little colder
   Bb

Now I'm like a sewer channel
Ebmaj7  F(Eb)   Ebmaj7       F(Eb)

Running lime and scag
Ebmaj7  F(Eb)      Ebmaj7     F(Eb)

Let me get at the master panel
Ebmaj7  F(Eb)      Ebmaj7   F(Eb)

Let me at my stack
Bbmaj7         Fmaj7

CHORUS I

The Sea refuses no river

And right now this river's banks are blown
Em                 D        C(add 2)  G

The Sea refuses no river
    C(G)

Whether stinking and rank
         Cmaj7

Or red from the tank
    Gmaj7

Whether pure as a spring
        Am

There's no damn thing stops this poem
        C                        D

The Sea refuses no river
    Am                    F(C)

And this river is homeward flowing
                           C(no 3rd) [repeat INTRO pattern]

Kenny, as far as those 'F(Eb)' chords go, I find that they're easiest
to play
by keeping your first finger on 'A' string, fret 6, and the little
finger as a
bar across strings 'B', 'G' & 'D', fret 10.  Bit of a stretch, but . .